Columbus Base Forums Community Members options Search Web
July 2018 Meeting Minutes
Joined: May 12, 2007
Location: Dublin, Ohio
|Post subject: July 2018 Meeting Minutes
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 am
COLUMBUS BASE MEETING MINUTES
7 July 2018
Call to Order:
1300 – Commander, Tim Barker called the meeting to order.
COB John Bethea led in the salute to the flag.
Chaplain Walt Fleak gave the invocation.
Tolling of the lost boats was conducted by Chaplain Sharon Lloyd and COB John Bethea.
Welcome to all by Base Commander.
There were 21 members and guests present.
June 2018 meeting minutes are posted on the web site. There were no changes.
Correspondence – Thank you note from Elizabeth Crinkey.
Also a letter addressed to Tim Barker from The United States Submarine Veterans Charitable Foundation
thanking the base for the $100 that was applied to the USSVI Scholarship Fund in memory of Donald E. Crinkey.
Jim Koogler reported on the status of the Treasury accounts through the end of June 2018.
There was a question about putting some money in another account making more interest but the increase would be minimal.
Web site is up and running.
Tim reported that Jim Tolson is doing fairly well.
It was good to have Todd Vankirk back at the meeting.
• Columbus Base Honorary Member Don Crinkey passed away on June 13th. There was no funeral or memorial service, only a visitation with the family on June 17th. Base members attending the visitation were: Bob Frier, Cliff/Linda Dodson, Jim/Karla Tolson, Frank/Sharon Lloyd, and Jim Koogler. The family was very touched by the article Jim Koogler wrote about Don. He will be missed.
• There were no new members in attendance.
◦ July 4 – Upper Arlington parade was well attended even though it was very hot. Clutch mentioned that the person in charge of the parade stated that the base will always be ask to be in the parade.
◦ July 4 – Plain City parade was also well attended with Bob, Bill, and Tim representing the base in the heat.
◦ August 4 - 1200 Base Picnic/Meeting, American Legion Leasure-Blackston 239, 700 Morning Street, Worthington, OH 43085
• Inventory Status – Frank opened another box that was also filled with cards of submarines. Bob’s daughter has posted some of the cards on facebook but hasn’t received any inquiries.
• Bill Anderson got an estimate for a paint job on the sub float for $1,500 from Paintz by Sam. Paintz by Sam has painted many vehicles. There is a life time warranty on the paint. A $750-dollar deposit would be necessary and it could be done in two weeks. Also it was mentioned that it would be nice to have the boat on motor mounts to prevent further damage. A motion was made to vote on having Paintz by Sam paint the sub. The motion carried and the base will have Paintz by Sam paint the sub float.
• Galin mentioned that he would like to have the float in the Trump parade in Washington DC.
For the good of the Order:
• Kapss4Kids on June 7th. Tim, Sharon, Frank, and Bob presented Kapss4Kids to 3 or 4 children. Much of the staff was there. The contact person would like the base to come when they have an outpatient clinic. This will need to be approved by her superiors.
• Bob is doing three Eagle Scouts presentations at St. Henry’s at the end of July.
• 2018 USSVI Convention cruise – Oct 21-28, 2018 www.ussvicruise.com/ As of 23FEB18, 372 have signed up including Todd VanKirk. Galin Brady could be attending.
• USSVI National proposal to combine national constitution and bylaws into one single document. Proposal was distributed to all hands. Vote will be part of national elections in Sept/Oct. National Board of Directors is recommending YES vote to pass. This was discussed at the meeting
• Base picnic will be August 4th meeting at our regular meeting post, American Legion Leasure-Blackston 239, 700 Morning Street, Worthington, OH 43085. Signup sheet has been distributed and was also at the meeting.
• Open discussion from floor
• John asked for some advice for some friends that are dealing with some tough issues.
Storekeeper Frank Lloyd.
• 50/50 drawing - Sharon Lloyd won the 50/50.
Announcement of the next meeting:
• Next Columbus Base meeting
• August 4th 2018
• Base Picnic
• American Legion Leasure-Blackston Post 239,
700 Morning Street,
Worthington, OH 43085
Closing prayer (Benediction) was given by Walt Fleak.
Adjournment of meeting by Commander Barker.
Submitted by Scott Steele Base Secretary.
|| 2018 07 columbus base meeting minutes.pdf
|| 110.53 KB
|| 48 Time(s)
||All times are GMT - 8 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Columbus Base Links