Columbus Base Forums Community Members options Search Web
Jun Meeting Minutes
Joined: May 12, 2007
Location: Dublin, Ohio
|Post subject: Jun Meeting Minutes
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
COLUMBUS BASE MEETING MINUTES
4 June 2016
Call to Order:
1300 – Commander, Tim Barker called the meeting to order. Frank Lloyd led in the salute to the flag. Chaplain Walt Fleak gave the invocation. Tolling of the lost boats was conducted by Chaplain Sharon Lloyd and Frank Lloyd. Welcome to all by Base Commander. There were 24 members and guests present.
May 2016 meeting minutes are posted on the web site. There were no changes.
Correspondence – none.
Jim Koogler reported on the status of the Treasury through the end of May 2016.
The website is up and running. Pictures are posted from the Worthington parade.
Greg Leonard’s wife Isabel passed away May 14, 2016. A sympathy card was signed by all and mailed to Bones (Greg Leonard).
New member: Patrick Mushill, ET1(SS), qual 1985, Woodrow Wilson, Sea Horse 89-92.
Rick Freeman talked to David Smith, QM1(SS) who was on USS Clamagore with Tim Barker. David lives in Marysville and is planning to be at a future meeting.
July 4 – (Monday) Upper Arlington Parade, Step off 0900, Bill Anderson pulling.
July 9 – (Saturday) Base Meeting, Worthington American Legion Post 239.
July 30 – (Saturday) Cod Base Visit and Picnic with Cod, Cincy, Toledo and Requin bases and Piper reunion.
August 6 – (Saturday) Base Meeting, Worthington American Legion Post 239.
August 15-20 – USSVI National Convention, Reno, NV
Sept. 10 – (Saturday) Base Meeting, Worthington American Legion Post 239.
Columbus Base Submarine Museum
Any items that have been donated that you would like to have back?
Looking at other submarine museums that might want the items.
St. Mary’s Submarine Museum is full. They are looking at building a bigger building in the next two years.
Cod – Jim Tolson: Cod base is trying to reach consensus on what they want to do.
Razorback and Batfish museums to be visited in the next two weeks.
A question was asked about having a base summer picnic in central Ohio. None has been planned. A volunteer was requested to plan location, date, etc. No one responded.
For the good of the Order:
1. Rick Freeman discussed 3 plaques for Freightliner and NAPA (provided paint) and ball caps for all. Frank Lloyd is coordinating with Clutch on design and then will check on ordering them.
2. Permanent storage discussion for the boat: During the winter, Wade Kiger’s barn, short term during the rest of the year, Dave Creekmore’s. All flags, benches, bell, battery, etc. at Bill Anderson’s.
3. July 30th Cod Base picnic in Cleveland. POD and Cod flyer were handed out. Head count of those attending needs to be given to Jim Tolson by the next meeting July 9. Tim Barker offered transportation to anyone that wants a ride to Cleveland.
4. Tim Barker announced the 4th hanger has been built at the Wright Pat Museum and will be open next week.
5. Russ Shaeffer discussed how much he enjoyed the Honor Flight trip he went on.
6. 50/50 drawing. Pictures on the web site show the winners.
Announcement of the next meeting:
Next Columbus Base meeting: July 9, 2016, Worthington American Legion Post 239
Closing prayer (Benediction) was given by Chaplain Sharon Lloyd.
Adjournment of meeting by Commander Barker.
Submitted by Jim Tolson for Bob Bryan, Base Secretary
|| 2016 06 columbus base meeting minutes.pdf
|| 173.73 KB
|| 232 Time(s)
||All times are GMT - 8 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Columbus Base Links