#1: August Metting Minutes Author: cliff, Location: Dublin, OhioPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:01 am ---- COLUMBUS BASE PICNIC/MEETING MINUTES
12 August 2017
Call to Order:
1300 – Commander, Tim Barker called the meeting to order.
Sharon Lloyd gave the invocation.
Jim Koogler announced the food was ready.
There were 28 members and guests present.
Carol Henry is currently in the hospital. Sharon provided a card that was signed by all.
John Bethea is in rehab. Sharon provided a card that was signed by all.
Don Crinkey is not feeling well. Sharon provided a card that was signed by all.
No new members but many guests were in attendance including Bill and Ruth Foreman introduced by Tim Barker.
September 1-6 USSVI Convention, Orlando FL.
September 9 - Noon Base Meeting, American Legion Leasure-Blackston 239, 700 Morning Street, Worthington, OH 43085
Inventory Status was provided by Frank Lloyd. He was able to get in touch with the Washington Naval History Museum curator. He is waiting to hear back from him to see if they would be any interest in the material that is being inventoried. Also, if Tim sells the house where the material is currently being stored the base will need to find another venue to store the material.
For the good of the Order:
• Jim Koogler thanked everyone who brought a side dish and a desert.
• Thanks to Billy and Bunnie Robinson for cooking up the hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats.
• Jim Koogler brought in a plaque of the USS Alexander Hamilton (SSBN-617) that he had asked Vic Vanhorn to create for him. It was very impressive. Vic can do the plaques on request for $70 plus $12 for shipping.
• Everyone at the picnic had a good time with lots of fellowship and sea stories.
• Thanks to Jim Koogler for getting the food. Everyone had plenty to eat and there were lots of leftovers to take home.
• 50/50 drawing – Woody was the winner of the 50/50.
Announcement of the next meeting:
Next Columbus Base Picnic meeting: September 9, 2017,
1200 Social Hour
Worthington American Legion Post 239, 700 Morning Street, Worthington, OH 43085
Closing prayer (Benediction) was given by Chaplain Sharon Lloyd.