Columbus Base Forums Community Members options Search Web
Oct Meeting Minutes
Joined: May 12, 2007
Location: Dublin, Ohio
|Post subject: Oct Meeting Minutes
Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 am
COLUMBUS BASE MEETING MINUTES 7 October 2017
Call to Order:13:00
Commander, Tim Barker called the meeting to order.
COB John Bethea led in the salute to the flag.
Chaplain Walt Fleak gave the invocation.
Tolling of the lost boats was conducted by
Chaplain Sharon Lloyd and Frank Lloyd.
Welcome to all by Base Commander.
There were 24 members and guests present.
September 2017 meeting minutes are posted on the web site. There were no changes.
Correspondence – Received correspondence September 14, 2017 from the Friendship Club of Licking County expressing appreciation for participating in the World War II memorial event in Heath Oho.
Jim Koogler reported on the status of the Treasury accounts through the end of September 2017.
Cliff reported that there were no changes to the web site.
Don Crinkey – is still ill. He had a lung scan and is on oxygen.
Sharon reported passing 4 kidney stones.
Carol Henry was at the meeting.
• Jim & Deb Smelser visited. Jim is secretary of Toledo Base. He was a QM and qualified on USS Atule (SS-403) in 1965.
o November 4 - Noon Base Meeting, American Legion Leasure-Blackston 239, 700 Morning Street, Worthington, OH 43085
o November 9 – (Thursday) Columbus Veteran Parade, Step off Noon
o November 11 – (Saturday) Hilliard Veterans Parade, Step off 10 AM, Hilliard fair grounds.
o November 12 – (Sunday) Logan Veterans Parade – Step off 3 PM Galin pulling.
o December 2 – Christmas Dinner, Hilliard VFW
• Inventory Status – Frank Lloyd reported being 7/8 done.
For the good of the Order:
• Commander Barker asked if anyone would like to serve as an officer for 2018-19. The base bylaws allow officers to serve two consecutive terms in the same position. We need a treasurer since Clutch has served two terms.
• For non-life base members, dues is now due to the treasurer.
• Clutch reported that Central Crossing NJROTC is planning a spaghetti lunch on November 19th at the Grove City VFW.
He will send out more information a week before the lunch. Tickets at the door are $6.
• The December 2 Christmas dinner menu was discussed with no objections.
• Vic Van Horn has moved to Arizona. Vic gave information to Clutch on how to order the metal cut-out dolphins if anyone wants a set.
• Fred Kinzel is the new Commander of Central District 6. He can be reached at FJKinzel @ yahoo.com or by cell (586) 945-8561.
• There was a discussion about contributing $99 to the USS Scorpion 50th Memorial Service to be held May 25-27, 2018 in Norfolk VA. It was decided to make the contribution.
• Mike Thurston made an Eagle Scout award October 7, 2 PM, in Newark.
• Tim Barker shared an opportunity at Olentangy Middle School November 17. A ceremony for POW/MIA. Also talk to students. Interested? Contact Tim.
• Open discussion from floor
o Rick Freeman discussed getting the mobile ID unit for the Christmas dinner. All you have to bring is your DD214.
o Woody Woodmansee was thanked for bringing homemade ice cream for lunch.
• Storekeeper Frank (or Sharon) Lloyd. Frank asked that anyone wanting a 2018 calendar let him know before leaving the meeting so he can order it.
• 50/50 drawing – Bill Meyer won the 50/50
Announcement of the next meeting:
• Next Columbus Base meeting: November 4, 2017,
o 1200 Social Hour
o 1300 Meeting
o Worthington American Legion Post 239, 700 Morning Street, Worthington, OH 43085
Closing prayer (Benediction) was given by Chaplain Walt Fleak.
Adjournment of meeting by Commander Barker.
Submitted by Jim Tolson for Scott Steele Base Secretary.
|| 2017 10 columbus base meeting minutes.pdf
|| 365.67 KB
|| 112 Time(s)
||All times are GMT - 8 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Columbus Base Links